BIRKAN News Archive 2013
24-27 September 2013
BIRKAN’s début at Labelexpo
Solids, linework and halftone all on a single plate? That vision is now a reality! Laserline, BIRKAN’s laser engraved flexographic printing plates, provide discerning label manufacturers with new shaping options in unprecedented quality. For the first time, they can profit from high-resolution engraving up to 5080 dpi plus a three-dimensional image with variable depths and absolute flexibility when shaping the shoulders. The user friendly elastomer material, developed and produced by German manufacturer ContiTech, features an integrated compressible layer offering numerous benefits for the printing process.
Direct laser engraving is very gentle on the environment because no solvents are required – from the software to the fibre laser, only the very latest technology is applied by BIRKAN. At Labelexpo, visitors are shown application examples and samples. Numerous printing houses are already relying on the prepress and direct engraving services of BIRKAN.
Although a newcomer to Labelexpo, BIRKAN has long been on the radar of many label printers: for almost ninety years now, this South German company has operated successfully as a leading manufacturer and supplier of offset printing blankets and underpacking material. The newest products explicitly for printing labels with UV or conventional inks on offset presses will be on show at the exhibition. All printing blankets can be converted for any format at BIRKAN's internal production facility and shipped to more than a hundred countries worldwide.
Download press photo (jpg, rgb, 300 dpi, 1.3 mb)
Download press photo (jpg, rgb, 300 dpi, 0.9 mb)
9 August 2013
Local politicians visiting BIRKAN production
Wishing to be updated about the situation of small and medium-sized companies of their electoral district, a group of local politicians, including some members of the Bavarian Parliament, came to visit BIRKAN. They were shown the new warehouse (built in 2012) and the latest technological investments, such as the new production area of direct laser engraving.
- 14/12/2016 Laserline CSL for the cover of the hubergroup calendar 2017
- 10/06/2016 BIRKAN’s new diversity and a dazzling appearance at Drupa
- 20/01/2016 Award for tin can printed with Laserline CML
- 02/10/2015 BIRKAN GROUP makes a successful debut at FachPack
- 01/06/2015 HANS KAPPL's new Managing Director
- 15/04/2015 The smallest pearls in the world
- 16/03/2015 New self-adhesive underpacking foil Folabase H48
- 18/12/2014 Stefanie Klein is new Co-Managing Director
- 01/12/2014 New Corporate Design, new company name
- 06/11/2014 BIRKAN is mourning the loss of Managing Director Susanne Klein
- 07/04/2014 BIRKAN invests in a bigger, faster Hell laser
- 01/01/2014 BIRKAN takes over HANS KAPPL
- 24/09/2013 BIRKAN’s début at Labelexpo
- 09.08.2013 Local politicians visiting BIRKAN production